Are you planning on taking time off from the office this summer? We’ve all experienced the mad-rush just before leaving town and the stress associated with it. Read on for ideas that will make the start of your vacation much more relaxing.
1) Take 30 minutes three weeks ahead of time to identify the projects that need to be done — or at least addressed — before you leave.
2) Create a list of to-do’s that need to be accomplished for each project. Include specific actions and due dates. Write each to-do on your daily to-do list whether it is paper or electronic. The more detailed you can be, the better. Once a task is written down, it is far more likely that it will get done.
3) Review meetings and appointments that are scheduled during your vacation. Delegate, cancel or reschedule.
4) Inform co-workers and colleagues regarding possible issues that might arise in your absence.
5) Schedule meetings for the week you return but not the first day back in the office.
6) Put an out-of-office notice on your email and phone.
7) Enjoy your vacation and forget about work while you are gone from the office. You will return refreshed with renewed vigor and energy.
Click here for more tips on how to experience a work-free vacation.
Leave A Comment