Can you name one new productivity technique that will help make you more productive in the new year? Here are a few examples:
- Prioritizing throughout the day by constantly asking yourself “Is this the most important thing I should be doing now?”
- Planning for the next day by using a 15-minute closing ritual (see July 31, 2012 newsletter from It’s Time To Get Organized).
- Reducing the number of interruptions throughout the day
- Writing a to-do list, checking it often (paper or electronic),, and keeping it front and center
- Organizing your electronic or paper files and MAINTAINING the organization.
- Spending less time on email by reducing the volume — unsubscribing, using rules to move specific email into different folders, giving enough information in your reply so that a return email will not be necessary .
Let us know what new system you will try in 2013.